Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rations From Home

Nick and I are quickly approaching our three month mark here in South Korea. During this time we have been fortunate enough for receive a steady supply of care packages from our parents and aunties. Recently we hit the jackpot when my mom sent us three large boxes FILLED to the brim with cravings from home.

Roughly 30 pounds of goods that needed to be carried home from our academy 15 minutes away. Luckily the boxes fit nicely into my awesome Envirosax bags! I have the Origami Pouch Set - use them most everyday.




The inventory:
dry roasted almonds
dry roasted peanuts
spicy peanut mix
sour gummy worms x2
beef jerky x2
Triscuits x3
old fashion oatmeal
Oreos - Double Stuf, naturally
valentine heart candy
Greek salad dressing!!
salt and vinegar Pringles x2 - for sharing at work
Flavor Blasted Goldfish x2
peanut butter cups
face wash x2
deodorant
deck of Uno cards - my middle school students desperately wanted to play this game
my art supplies!! ranging from pens and pencils for sketching, watercolors, paper, brushes, India ink, illustration markers, acrylic primary colors, and two design books - let the fun begin
last but not least, a cute Valentine's Day card sending lots of love

Now it is a matter of will power to not devour every last crumb in one sitting.

2 comments:

  1. 30 pounds!? Holy cow, I don't want to know what the bill was on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a hefty price tag indeed. I felt bad when I saw the postage - but technically it was like a belated Christmas/ early Valentine's Day lovin. I guess our parents love us after all. Remarkably, they made it here from the States in five days flat too.

    ReplyDelete