Saturday, November 27, 2010

Korean Dish No. 1

Japchae

After an afternoon long hike in the mountains of Mokpo, Nick and I were left famished. We had planned to put together a simple dinner of either frozen Korean noodly soupy stuff or warm up pasta leftovers... neither of which really lit my fire.

Suddenly, inspiration struck and the next thing I knew I was sifting through Korean recipes online. Starving already, it only took a moment to make my selection and, with my IPad in tow for moral support, off to Lotte Super I went to buy the necessities.

tanggun - carrots
nokssaegui yangp'a - green onion
hayan sake yangp'a - white onion
shigumch'i - spinach
posot - mushrooms
manal - garlic
daangmyun - rice noodles
soegogi -beef

... Add some sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, ground pepper and sesame seeds to garnish and you have Japchae. It is basically a Korean style stir fry and it was oh so delicious!

For your taste buds I have provided a few teasers. Enjoy.

Look! Mushrooms. Family, you should be proud.

Delicious beef simmering away.

I call this, a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment