Monday, April 18, 2011

Complete a 10K: Check

Without having my road or mountain bike to get my butt in motion, I have had no other choice but to follow the bandwagon and take up running like many other foreigners here. Running is not my first choice but I feel it is better exercise than no exercise at all.

Having knees that aren't in the best of shape makes things a bit more challenging but I have little to complain about next to Nick. Between us (both 25 years old) we have had four knee surgeries - one right knee ACL for me and three left knee Meniscus for Nick. We have accepted the fate of our future children.

All that aside and with about a month worth of 'training' under my belt, I set out to complete my first 10K (6.2mile) run. Official time 1:04:16.

Attempting to tie my timer chip onto my laces. Being the rookie that I am, it was more difficult than one my expect. The temperature dropped into the 40's this day, so I didn't hesitate to bundle up!


Let the race begin!


World Cup Stadium Gwangju, South Korea.


My running partner, Shanna Howse, and me post-race. Metals in one hand and flying the V with the other.


My reward. The first burger I'd eaten since January. Delicious.


My second reward. Nick knows how to treat his lady well.
On May 1st I will complete my second 10K run in the Boseong Green Tea Marathon. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment