Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Explosion of Spring in Mokpo

As I have mentioned a few times now, the weather has finally made a solid turn into spring. We have even noticed it quickly approaching summer. Typical of most places, spring is short lived here - meaning we have to soak up as much as we can while it lasts. So, with blossoms to be seen on every street and mountain side, all I had to do was point my trusty camera in the right direction and let er rip.

I hope that our family back in Minnesota, which is still experiencing snow storms, can cuddle up to the computer in their Snuggies and enjoy what is around the snow covered corner for them.


Enjoying a book and the warm rays along the seaside of Peace Plaza.


On a late night stole home after a thick fog set in. Rather eerie yet peaceful at the same time.





Women collecting wild 쑥 (ssuk or mugwort) that grows everywhere. I just came across a Mugwort Soup recipe that I may attempt later this week.








Cherry Blossoms fill the hillside of the mountain behind our home and run along most boulevards. Stunning.





This is moments before he attacked, trying to eat my eyes out. Don't worry, after a brief girly scream, I made it out alive.

2 comments:

  1. awesome pictures! I am very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky and Nick!

    My name is Morrow Willis and I am a Fulbright English teaching scholar that has recently been placed and moved to Mokpo. I came across your blog while trying to find information about Mokpo in English (transportation, bus schedules and routes, places to eat, etc.). If I sent you a handful of questions via email about your experiences in Mokpo would you be okay/willing to answer a few of them? No problem if there is not enough time; but any information you have would be greatly appreciated by a fellow ex-pat.
    Thanks, and let me know if we can get in touch!

    Morrow
    Email contact: morrow.willis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete