Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Passing the Freetime

As you may have guessed by now, I really enjoy cooking up new creations as well as the good ol' classics. I am the type of person who needs a creative outlet - whether it's cooking in the kitchen or even water coloring in the kitchen.

I have been getting fancy with my sushi skills.

Homemade pesto pizza, thanks to yet another great care package from Nick's parents.





Inspiration stuck and the next thing I knew I was turning butter into caramel. The only problem was that my tinsy oven could barely hold this large batch.

With a little finess, I made this recipe into a tasty success.
Now I know what you may be thinking... 1) why are there briefs on the toaster oven? and 2) what does this have to do with cooking? Well, this has less to do with cooking and more to do with the fact that when in a pinch and without a clothes drier, this is the best alternative to Nick wearing wet briefs to work. Unconventional, sure - brilliantly effective, you bet!   

The kitchen also double as my art studio. It's a little cramped but I make the best of it and Nick doesn't complain about a little India Ink in his food.

In preparation for spring, I cleared out my flower press. These are what I picked from our house in Minneapolis just before moving to Korea.




No comments:

Post a Comment