Monday, January 10, 2011

A Collection of Food Recollections

Approximate Date: December 2010 - January 2011
Location: Restaurants and Our Apartment; Mokpo, South Korea
Details: A recollection of more food.

Bibimbap - rice, kim, lettuce, kimchi, fried egg, sprouts,cucumber, and a mysterious plant similar to a fern. This is one of Nick's favorites. On this occasion we got take out, but have made it a weekly tradition to eat-in on Wednesday nights. All of the food is at a great price with nothing over ₩5000.

A few weeks back I thought I would be adventurous and try something new. So what do I do? I simply look at the posters on the wall and pick the first thing that catches my eye. What I expected to get was a nice hot kimchi noodle soup to enjoy on the cold winter night. What I got was a nice cold kimchi soup to freeze me from the inside out on that cold winter night. If you look close enough, those are ice cubes floating around. It wasn't until seeing the ice cubes in front of me that they became very apparent in the poster I had ordered from. Oh well, I enjoyed it as best I could and now know what to order come summer.

Nick wondering why he married a silly American.

I like breakfast. Toast, hard boiled egg and berry yogurt with delicious tangerines from Jeju island.

Mexican night! This is a plate of nachos that Nick fixed up. It was a treat, reminding me of home. Supposedly there is a Taco Bar somewhere in town. For now I am content making my own at home... but may have to give it a try some day.

Pesto crusted chicken breast, pan roasted potatoes and green beans. These were some of the tastiest potatoes I have ever made. Yummy.

After a long day at school, Nick and I made our Wednesday stop to (Fill in the Blank (I always forget the name of the restaurant)) . Nick had his usual bibimbap and I tried another new dish. It was a noodle soup with fish cakes, clams, octopus, and a hard boiled egg. We also got mandoo (dumplings - VERY tasty) and a roll of kimbap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment