Monday, January 10, 2011

I Like to Cook. Really, I do.

Approximate Date: December 16, 2010
Location: Our apartment; Mokpo, South Korea
Details: Becky makes Kimbap (just like sangakkimbap minus the triangle)

Mmmm, delicious kim!

Kimbap, also spelled gimbap, is basically Korean Sushi but with more vegetables and crab than raw fish. You can also buy these at the corner marts, but we get them less often as the sangakkimbap. This was my first time using a sushi mat. With the right kind of sticky rice, it was actually much easier than I originally anticipated.

Today's filling of choice: artificial crab (not a big fan of... especially after Nick looked up and shared how this stuff is made), cucumber, and carrots.

Look! I did it. Cutting the rolls is harder than rolling them. Best method has been to use a VERY sharp, wet knife.

Our afternoon feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment